The overall aim of the RAIS is to facilitate networking and sharing of aquaculture information, responding to the specific information needs for sustainable development of aquaculture in the region. In particular, RAIS has been established to respond:
- to the increasing needs of a developing aquaculture industry in the region;
- to facilitate the exchange of aquaculture information;
- to assist the private and public sectors to have quick and easy access to information required for decision making;
- to the increasing public demand for transparency and accountability concerning aquaculture development at national and regional level;
- to give more visibility to the regional aquaculture development.